The Richard Wagner International Competition
Vienna 30 November – 1 December 2015
The Richard Wagner International Competition is a unique event that is designed to launch aspiring musicians to prominent international careers. Although the competition is conducted in the facilities of the Richard Wagner Konservatorium (RWK), it is externally organized. The jury is made up of major conductors and musicians, owners of record labels, and leading founders and agents of important international music managements.
The Prize Winner of The Richard Wagner International Competition will receive a two year contract with one of the major agencies, a recording contract and concert engagements with the premier orchestras.
Participants who will be considered for admission to the Richard Wagner International Competition should be 1st prize winners of other international competitions or musicians with careers that have noticeable international recognition. In special cases participants who have not won prizes at international competitions or that are not 1st prize winners may be admitted.
The competition is open to all instruments and singers and is made up of three stages:
1) For the first round, applicants will need to submit up to 30 minutes of a video recording, the program of their choice, uploaded to YouTube with no viewing restrictions.
2) For the second round, that will take place in Vienna (venue to be confirmed) 12 chosen competitors will need to present a program of 45 minutes of their choice. Two pieces from the first round may be repeated.
3) For the final round, that will take place in Vienna (venue to be confirmed), 3 chosen competitors,
will have to present a program of no longer than 45 minutes of their choice. Two pieces can be repeated from the two previous
* Ino Mirkovic (President SwissGart)
* Vladimir Jurowski (Principal Conductor London Philharmonic Orchestra)
* Christian Schulz (CEO SYMPHONIA – Wiener Symphoniker Tonaufnahmeges.m.b.h and
Studio Wiener Symphoniker)
* Igor Petrushevski-President of the Jury (Professor of the Richard Wagner Konservatorium)
* Paolo Petrocelli (Head International Development Rome Opera House/ President EMMA for
* Gavriel Heine (Resident Conductor, Mariinsky Theatre, Music Director, Northern Lights
* Andrea Maria Panzuti (president Concertoclassics record label)
* Gerhard Persché (Opernwelt and Fono Forum).
* Mirza Kapetanovic (Director of the Richard Wagner Konservatorium).
For more information or to request an application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no maximum or minimum age limit. All applicants are required to pay an entrance fee in the amount of €100 which is non refundable.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications and wish all the competitors the very best of luck.